cover of the fastening sleeve rubber parts
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is ethylene propylene diene terpolymer. It is a copolymer of ethylene, propylene and a small amount of non conjugated dienes. It is a kind of ethylene propylene rubber. Because its main chain is composed of chemically stable saturated hydrocarbons, and only contains unsaturated double bonds in the side chain, it has excellent ozone resistance, heat resistance, weather resistance and other aging resistance properties. It can be widely used in automotive parts, building waterproof materials, wire and cable sheaths, heat resistant hose, tape Automobile seals and other fields.
EPDM has five main advantages:
1. High cost performance ratio, raw rubber density is only 0.86~0.90kg/m3, which is the lightest common rubber; It can be filled in large quantities to reduce the cost of rubber compound.
2. Excellent aging resistance, weather resistance, ozone resistance, sunlight resistance, heat resistance, water resistance, water vapor resistance, UV resistance, radiation resistance and other aging properties. When used with other unsaturated diene rubbers such as NR, SBR, BR, NBR, and CR, EPDM can play the role of macromolecule antioxidant or antioxidant.
3. Excellent chemical resistance, acid, alkali, detergent, animal and vegetable oils, alcohols, ketones, etc; Excellent water, superheated water and steam resistance; Resistance to polar oils.
4. Excellent insulation performance, volume resistivity 1016Q · cm, breakdown voltage 30-40MV/m, dielectric constant (1kHz, 20 ℃) 2.27.
5. It is applicable to a wide range of temperatures. The minimum operating temperature is – 40~- 60 ℃, and it can be used at 130 ℃ for a long time.